WHO IS MIKE GRAIL?
Mike’s roots show he understands rural strengths and urban opportunity.
Mike Grail grew up in rural Essex County, near McGregor. His parents, a police officer and bookkeeper, wanted he and his siblings to have a wholesome upbringing and felt that living on and maintaining a small farm would teach the concept of hard work and commitment.
Mike and his wife, Paula, who grew up working at her family’s grain elevator, are successful business people, owning six Tim Hortons franchises in the Chatham-Kent area. Mike and Paula live in the country with their son, Carson, and enjoy the challenge of building a family business together.
The Grail family has always been close to politics: family members include a Mayor along with Federal and Provincial PC candidates. After 25 years, the Grails agree that it’s time for Mike to use his experience and talents to take a leading political role that would allow him to help the people and the community he believes in. Mike appreciates that business and politics are similar in that they both require strong leadership and vision, 100% commitment, fiscal prudence and common sense.
And that’s why Mike is a Conservative.
A successful entrepreneur, Mike Grail knows the best way to thrive is to build on what you know. Mike believes that having a strong voice speaking for Chatham-Kent-Leamington in Ottawa will have a sustaining, positive effect for our future generations.
Mike and Paula have been Owners/Operators of six Tim Hortons stores in the Chatham-Kent area, for 25 years.
A respected business leader, Mike has been recognized for his expertise and has shared his skills by volunteering on many local boards and organizations:
- Tim Hortons National Advisory Board, Director
- Chatham-Kent Energy Board, Director
- Middlesex Power Distribution Centre, Past Chair
- Children’s Treatment Centre Foundation of C-K, Founder and Chair
- Festival of Giving Charity Event, Co-Chair
- Wallaceburg & District Chamber of Commerce, Director
- Wallaceburg Jr. ‘C’ Lakers Hockey Club, President
Awards and Community Involvement:
- 2018 – Ontario Volunteer Service Award
- 2018 – Donor of the Year, Children’s Treatment Centre of Chatham-Kent
- 2016 – Ambassador and recognized for 23 years of contributions to Tim Hortons Children’s Foundation
- 2014 – Customer Service of the Year Award, Tim Hortons
- 2010 – Corporate Citizen of the Year
- 2008 – Community Builder of the Year, Business Excellence Award
- 2007 – Citizen of the Year, Business Excellence Awards
- 2006 – Community Builder of the Year, Business Excellence Awards
- Co-Chaired Festival of Giving for 5 years. In 2010 alone, raised $365,000 for local charities